There are times when the world of skimpy sleep schedules, deadlines, late nights, traffic jams and irksome bosses takes a toll on us. So, what do you do when you’re bad day culminates to a severe migraine? Your search for the best headache home remedies ends here, we’ve compiled a list of 7 natural home remedies that will zap the pain from your debilitating headache. These at-home treatments may help counteract migraine or at least help decrease their severity and duration.
Headaches are characterized by a feeling of tenseness in the shoulder, neck, and scalp.
Next time your skull’s pounding, shift to these natural DIY headache remedies for speedy relief often on one side of the head.
- Coffee – It is found that caffeine can reduce both the intensity and frequency of headaches for which reduces the swelling of blood vessels. Also, caffeine equivalent in a cup of coffee can assist OTC pain relievers like ibuprofen to perform better. Try sipping a cup of coffee for headache relief.
- Ginger – Ginger is a home remedy for instant relief as it was proclaimed as an elixir for headaches. And since it stimulates digestion it helps reduce inflammation of the blood vessels in the head, it also helps conquer nausea which occurs during migraines.
- Stay Hydrated – Most of the population in America simply aren’t getting enough water, which in itself can relieve headache pain and symptoms. This easy countermeasure will keep you feeling full, empower and headache-free.
- Heat relief – To heal a tension headache caused by contractions in the head and neck, caused by other things such as stress, anxiety, and lack of sleep without drinking painkillers, in hot water dip a washcloth, fold it into a compress and wring it out. Now lay it on your forehead or the back of your neck to ease tight muscles.
- Make Time for Thyme –Dab a drop or two of thyme or rosemary essential oil on both of your temple and on your forehead. Gently rub into the skin, then grab a chair and sit comfortably and quietly for several minutes to let this home remedy work.
- Find Some Feverfew – Through the use of the feverfew plant, headaches, particularly migraines, can be relieved. Feverfew has been confirmed to at ease the tension/constrict blood vessels, easing the painful pressure. It also reduces inflammation and pain overall with a substance called parthenolide, without the side effects it has results similar to taking a daily aspirin.
- Stretch, Relax, And Breathe – Our overworked minds and bodies respond to this by knotting up and tensing muscles, commonly in the upper back, shoulders, and neck. Grateful to this thing called referred pain-pain felt in an area other than where the actual painful stimulus is where it can end up with tension-type headaches.
Thought DIY or natural remedies for headaches may take a bit more than simply popping a pill. But never underestimate them, because it won’t wreak havoc on your body compared to other over-the-counter or prescription pain-killers do, much more you’re less likely to become very dependent on them that you want them badly for every little ache.